After doing a good quantity of on-line analysis I bought the Maxi Professional Thumper Massager for my spouse’s birthday earlier this 12 months. Thumper makes the declare that a lot of their massagers (together with this one) are utilized by a great deal of trade professionals (bodily therapists, chiropractors, sports activities groups, and so forth.). I’m a former collegiate athlete now turned leisure athlete, however I work out (arduous) on daily basis or each different day, so I the concept this was a “skilled” mannequin relatively than one thing you’d discover at Walmart or Goal appealed to me. We already had a Homedics hand-held/wand massager, but it surely simply wasn’t highly effective sufficient to get deep into massive sore muscle groups just like the quadriceps and hamstrings.
I did some procuring and looking out on-line and ultimately discovered the Consolation Retailer Direct in Lewis Middle, Ohio, USA had the most effective value (and free delivery on the time), so I purchased it from them.
The unit arrived every week later in a specifically designed field, so it was undamaged and able to go proper out of the field. The Maxi Professional is primarily designed for two individual use, so I patiently waited for my spouse to come back house to provide it a shot. My spouse liked the Maxi Professional instantly however I wasn’t fairly offered on it. Do not get me flawed, I did prefer it and it was MUCH simpler to make use of than hand-held/wand massagers, however I shortly famous that the one actual setting on the unit that was having a lot of an impact on me was stage 5, the best setting. So far as I used to be involved, the opposite four decrease settings actually did not do a lot in any respect.
Since we had been utilizing the Maxi Professional on its highest setting I consulted their web page for solutions and located that Thumper has a extra highly effective an Equine model of this unit, which was particularly designed for elite athletes and naturally horses. This unit seems the identical because the Maxi Professional however apparently has a stronger motor in it.
Over the course of the subsequent few days I wrested with the concept of going via the hassle of sending the Maxi Professional again and getting the Equine mannequin. After three days I cracked and gave in. I contacted the Consolation Retailer Direct and requested a return authorization quantity, which they gladly gave me – by the way in which, each my spouse and I handled these people and so they had been at all times nice. I shipped the Maxi Professional again at a value of about $15 (not unhealthy) and got here to the conclusion that the additional $40 for the Equine extra highly effective motor can be price it.
When the Equine unit arrived I gave it a shot on my quadriceps (do not want 2 individuals for this), and I’ve to say that I used to be initially dissatisfied with it. I actually anticipated a notable distinction in energy between the 2 items however I simply did not really feel it. Later that evening my spouse tried the unit and whereas she agreed with me that it won’t be considerably extra highly effective, she felt it may be barely higher.
I despatched Thumper an e mail asking if maybe I bought an underpowered unit and indicated that I used to be a bit dissatisfied with this new mannequin. To their credit score, a Thumper consultant responded to me inside 24 enterprise hours, she kindly defined that, “The depth of the stroke on the Equine Thumper is 15% larger than with the Maxi Professional. The drive meeting which is the mechanism accountable for the “punch” has a unique tolerance than the one on the Maxi Professional subsequently the influence is larger.“
The Thumper rep indicated that I might return the product for a refund if I would love, which I appreciated. I emailed her again and indicated that my spouse actually did just like the unit (and I did not assume it was too unhealthy) so a refund wouldn’t be crucial.
- The unit is heavy (eight lbs), but it surely really works to its benefit. You needn’t press down on the massager to really feel strain; the burden of the unit does it for you.
- The 2 handles on the unit make it simple to maneuver manipulate/transfer/regulate.
- In case you are versatile and a bit artistic, you’ll be able to really use the Maxi Professional/Equine Mannequin with out another person aiding
- Quiet. In reality, it is a lot quieter than the hand-held/wand unit we’ve got that is much less highly effective. It isn’t troublesome to observe tv and use the unit on the similar time.
- Very simple to make use of on somebody. In reality, you’ll be able to typically place the unit on somebody (just like the lumbar a part of the again) and the unit will work with out you having to carry it in any respect. You will have to steadiness it with simply a few fingers simply so it stays in place – both manner it is easy.
- As a substitute of a vibrating movement most massagers have, this one really kilos up and down like a piston (you’ll be able to really see it doing this). I discovered this method was far more efficient in giving/receiving massages.
- Quick, pleasant customer support – the rep I emailed at Thumper was very good.
- Feels fairly sturdy and sturdy…though I’ve solely had it for a number of weeks.
- Do not get that fatigued feeling in your arms, wrists and forearms that you just do from vibrating hand-held/wand massagers. It actually does not require plenty of effort to provide somebody a therapeutic massage.
- Unit doesn’t warmth up throughout or after use.
- Not moveable should you’re touring, however that wasn’t actually a priority of ours.
- For essentially the most half, it is a 2-person effort, utilizing the massager by your self is doable however difficult.
- Nonetheless would love it to have a better, extra highly effective setting for each items.
- The educational DVD they ship you is nugatory. In reality, there was a depth adjustment dial on the backside of each items that I did not even know till the Thumper rep let me know through e mail.
I might suggest this unit to anybody out there for a private massager that is tried different vibrating fashions that do not fairly get into the muscle groups sufficient. It is simple to make use of, however I might counsel buying the unit in case you have a accomplice that is keen and capable of work with you. At round $300 it is not the most cost effective mannequin on the market. Personally I might go together with the Maxi Professional because it’s inexpensive and I did not really feel an amazing distinction between it and the Equine mannequin.