How To Do Apanasana Pose: Steps, Contraindications & 4 Advantages
Isn’t it nice to pursue rejuvenation internally without doing a lot however mendacity down in your cozy mattress? If it’s one thing that sounds precisely what you might be searching for, then Apanasana is what it’s essential to strive on.Apanasana is a primary posture carried out within the supine place. It’s typically carried out on the finish of again stretching poses. Nevertheless, it has a lot of advantages related to it slightly than simply stress-free the physique. You simply must lie down in your again squeezing the knees as much as the chest. Wrap the arms across the shins and press the backbone in opposition to the ground. It is so simple as it appears. Apanasana means it consists of two Sanskrit phrases, “Apana” which means “downward-moving life pressure” and “asana” refers to “pose”.Apana is one in every of 5 Prana that signifies the other of prana (upward flowing life pressure). “Prana” is described as a life-giving pressure, nonetheless, “Apana” is an “eliminating pressure”. As a result of eliminating traits of this pose, it helps in eradicating toxins from the physique, and therefore the title. The standard of eradicating toxins makes Apanasana a wind releasing pose. Apanasana helps to create bowel motion within the Vata Dosha physique which releases the surplus of Apan Vayu. That is why this asana can be referred to as pawanmuktasana (gasoline launch pose). This pose is best recognized by its English title that signifies the crux of the pose, i.e. knees-to-chest pose.
Follow Information of Apanasana
- Don’t strive Apanasana with any harm within the neck, backbone, hips, or knees.
- Keep away from this pose after the primary trimester of being pregnant.
- Folks recovering from a belly surgical procedure should not carry out this asana.
- Skip this follow in case you are affected by a hernia.
- Sufferers with migraines ought to keep away from this pose.
Put together the physique for Apanasana by primary stretching mendacity on the bottom. Lifting one leg at a day off the bottom step by step rising its angles from 30° to 60° to lastly 90°. It will loosen the muscle tissue of the ankles, thighs, calves, and toes.
Other than this carry out the next poses earlier than this pose:
- Supine Spinal Twist Pose (Supta Matsyendrasana)
- Half Wind Launch Pose (Ardha Pawanamuktasana)
How you can Do Apanasana (Steps)
- Lie in your again and bending your knees place your ft on the ground.
- Inhale lifting the ft off the ground drawing the knees in direction of your physique.
- Wrap your arms or forearms across the shins.
- Exhale and squeeze the knees to be pressed in opposition to the chest.
- Retaining the neck and shoulders relaxed tuck your chin to chest.
- Maintain the pose for a couple of minutes so long as it’s snug.
- Exhale releasing your legs and arms.
- Lengthen the legs and arms on the ground.
- Calm down for a minute and repeat the asana for no less than six instances.
- Reclining Sure Angle Pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
- Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
- Corpse Pose (Savasana)
You may apply a number of the challenges to this pose to realize extra advantages. Attempt a few of these variations to Apanasana.
On this variation, after attaining Apanasana, attempt to raise your head and neck. Then, draw the chin in in direction of the knees. On this variation hold the neck muscle tissue relaxed and the pinnacle nonetheless.
2. Eka pada apanasana (Half Apanasana)
Right here, the practitioner lies within the supine pose. Then, brings one leg at a time with the bent knee in direction of the chest. The arms are clasped across the shin whereas drawing the knee to the chest. Then, it’s repeated on the opposite leg.
3. Apanasana with rocking knees
It is an extra dynamic variation of Apanasana. It’s very soothing within the case of decrease again ache.
Lie in your again bending the knees and place your arms on them. Pull the knees in direction of the chest lifting the ft and bending the elbows. Then, push the knees away from the physique straightening the arms and protecting the ft on the ground. Repeat this backward and forwards movement of the knee with the assistance of the arms.
4. Apanasana knees aside variation
From primary Apanasana, hold your arms on every knee with fingers pointing in direction of the shin. Maintain the ft collectively and separate the knees. Now, pull the knees in direction of the chest bending the elbows. Maintain the pose or hold shifting the knees away and near the chest.
5. Apanasana massaging the again
On this variation, carry out the Apanasana adopted by massaging the again on the ground. Add the crawling of the shoulder blades to the rocking left to the proper motion of the again.
- Apanasana helps in assuaging the decrease again ache.
- It has the potential to treat constipation or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- It helps to get aid from flatulence, acidity, or any gastric downside.
- Apanasana can be useful in decreasing menstrual cramps.
- This pose additionally cures diabetes by stimulating the inner organs like squeezing the pancreas.
- Folks with hypertension additionally get aid doing this pose.
- It’s helpful in treating cervical spondylitis.
- Therapists suggest knees to chest pose to treatment stiffness within the neck, chest, or stiff varicose veins.
- Carry out this pose to align and rectify the dropped shoulders.
- Apanasana is a rest pose, that soothes the backbone resulting in the nervous system bringing calm to the physique and thoughts. Therefore, it acts as a stress buster. .
1. Strengthens the again
On this posture, because the knees are drawn in direction of the chest, the again muscle tissue expertise excessive stress. Together with the stress the again is stored relaxed on the ground with an elongated backbone. It expands the again muscle tissue and will increase their endurance making them stronger.
2. Massages the belly organs
The stomach muscle tissue is additionally pressurized whereas holding the posture. It massages and gently squeezes the inner organs. This advantages the physique externally by strengthening the abs and anatomically by bettering the digestive system.
3. Improves blood circulation
The stress on the again and stomach helps to carry the contemporary provide of blood into these muscle tissue and inside organs. Additionally, the energetic involvement of the legs brings blood to provide to the legs and gives rest. Thus Apanasana helps improve the blood circulation of the physique.
4. Revitalizes the reproductive organs
Together with the stomach, the pelvic ground muscle tissue are additionally massaged. It stretches the groins and pressurizes the internal thighs. This produces stress hormones in these areas and improves the blood provide to reproductive organs. Therefore, it gives an improved reproductive system.
Begin your day with Apanasana in your mattress’s mattress or the mat on the ground and really feel rejuvenated all day lengthy.
It’s equally helpful to get into the pose after having an extended laborious day. It’s a must-to-do pose to eradicate the fatigue, stress, and toxins out of the physique and have good evening sleep.