Biogelx, a Scottish biomaterials firm specializing in growing peptide-based hydrogels and bioinks, right this moment introduced the creation of its Scientific Advisory Board to supply scientific assessment and steerage to the corporate relating to analysis and growth.
Picture Credit score: Biogelx
The crew met for the primary time on the 19th of November to debate the present standing and to stipulate the scientific and business route for the corporate within the subsequent 12-18 months.
The Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) has members from high-ranking analysis institutes such because the College of Glasgow and Metropolis College of New York. The SAB will likely be chaired by Biogelx CEO, Alison Clayton, who has over 25 years’ expertise within the trade, gaining experiences at companies akin to Quintiles, Aptuit, and Eurofins, earlier than becoming a member of Biogelx in March 2020.
I’m excited to be joined within the Scientific Advisory Board by such distinguished and sensible consultants of their fields, who’ve joined in an effort to present enter and perception to Biogelx’s analysis and growth technique transferring ahead. I’ve little question that this group will open new thrilling product growth alternatives for the corporate.”
Alison Clayton, CEO
“It is vital that we’ve members with a broad vary of expertise and experience in an effort to present perception from all angles”
The members of Biogelx’s Scientific Advisory Board are:
- Dr. Alison Clayton: Chief Government Officer at Biogelx.
- Prof Rein Ulijn: Biogelx Founder and Board Member, Director of Nanoscience at Metropolis College of New York (CUNY) Superior Science Analysis Centre.
- Dr. Mhairi Rodgers: Head of Operations at Biogelx.
- Paul Smith: Chief Government Officer at BioAscent. Senior Government with each Basic Administration and Enterprise Improvement expertise within the pharmaceutical/CRO area.
- Prof Matthew Dalby: Professor of Cell Engineering and Co-Director of the Centre for the Mobile Microenvironment on the College of Glasgow, Director of the EPSRC/SFI lifETIME Centre for Doctoral Coaching.
- Dr. Manuel Salmeron-Sanchez: Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Co-Director of the Centre for the Mobile Microenvironment on the College of Glasgow.
Biogelx was fashioned as a spin-out firm Professor Rein Ulijn’s lab on the College of Strathclyde. Biogelx™ self-assembling artificial peptide merchandise have quickly gained a worldwide repute within the space of 3D cell tradition for each Regenerative Medicines and Drug Discovery.
The supplies’ distinctive capacity to emulate particular bodily properties of a variety of various tissue sorts provide new alternatives for the event of tailor-made 3D fashions for biomedical and pharmaceutical functions. Constructing on the success of Biogelx™ core expertise, the corporate designed and developed a novel bioink product household (Biogelx™-INKs) which opens the chance for the event of superior three-dimensional tissue fashions.
These hydrogel-based inks are biocompatible and simply printable, exhibiting wonderful shear-thinning properties, which scale back the stress skilled by cells when subjected to the printing course of. Nonetheless, the important thing differentiator of those bioinks is the distinctive mixture of their properties, which guarantee versatility and consistency for bioprinting functions.