BLOODY SEMEN – WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
Blood within the semen, which is technically often called hematospermia exhibits up as something from wispy pinkish crimson strands within the seminal fluid to brown or rusty coloured semen. The brighter the colour of the blood the newer it’s, the older blood is a darker colour.
The very first thing to recollect is don’t panic! This can be simpler mentioned than carried out, however usually talking bloody semen is just not the signal of a severe underlying medical situation. Neither is it going to have an effect on your fertility – although some circumstances must be handled earlier than you proceed sexual relations.
REASONS FOR BLOOD IN YOUR SEMEN:
* Urinary tract infections;
* Sexually transmitted illnesses resembling gonorrhea or chlamydia; if you happen to suspect you’ve got a sexually transmitted illness it’s important that you simply stop any unprotected sexual exercise and have a take a look at carried out by your physician.
* Benign prostate hypertrophy;
* Surgical procedures resembling prostate biopsy or bladder catheterization;
* Trauma to the testicles or prostate;
* Most cancers of the prostate, bladder or reproductive organs.
WHEN TO GO AND SEE YOU DOCTOR:
If blood seems in your semen greater than 3 times, or if the bloody semen is accompanied by ache within the space between your anus and your genitals. If in case you have a frequent and/or pressing must urinate or if you’re greater than fifty years outdated.
WHAT WILL YOUR DOCTOR TEST FOR?
Your physician will ask you about your medical historical past and carry out a bodily examination. Diagnostic checks of your urine or semen could also be undertaken and whether it is suspected that you’ve a sexually transmitted illness, cultures will probably be examined. If mandatory, MRIs or ultrasounds will probably be carried out to examine for tumors or some other abnormalities.
WHAT IS THE OUTLOOK FOR PATIENTS WITH BLOOD IN THE SEMEN?
Most circumstances of hematospermia are benign and could be resolved with out remedy. Most cancers isn’t the reason for blood within the semen, typically it isn’t associated to most cancers, particularly in youthful males.