FragFX Shark 360
The final time I actually loved console gaming was on the SNES and the Genesis. Being a PC gamer, I had little or no curiosity within the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, so it wasn’t till a few 12 months in the past that I lastly broke down and purchased a 360. It was an impulse purchase as a result of a value lower had simply gone in place. The primary recreation I attempted was the Kane & Lynch 2 demo. What a large number that was. The demo drops you proper into the thick of issues and I lasted a few seconds per restart.
My Xbox 360 remained comparatively unused till the discharge of the Mass Impact 2 demo, which is once I determined to present it one other go. I could not transfer, could not goal, and Shepard appeared like a whole wanker flopping about clumsily unable to make it out of the primary room. My pathetic show in Bulletstorm was once I determined that the 360 was solely good for puzzle video games and platformers.
Being unable to play console shooters is a typical criticism for PC players. I believe you might want to be a console kiddy, raised with a controller in your hand, to essentially get it. I am positive you may see the place I am going with this. I attempted the FragFX Shark 360 from Splitfish and now I can magically play FPS video games on the 360. My platform of alternative will nonetheless be the PC for the unforeseeable future, however my Xbox 360 now not feels so restricted.
The FragFX Shark 360 is available in 3 items: the dongle, the mouse and the fragchuck.
- Wi-fi mouse and fragchuck, every take one AA battery.
- Completely plug and play, solely should set mouse and aiming sensitivity.
- Can be utilized with the PC. Helps to assist justify the associated fee, and really performs fairly properly on the PC.
- Headset can nonetheless be used for multiplayer video games by plugging the set into your wired Xbox 360 controller.
- Mouse and fragchuck might be custom-made each in-game and out.
- Comes with a big mouse pad which can be utilized in your lap, on the sofa, in your vital others head, or the place ever you need to put it.
- Separate aiming sensitivity dial permits for larger precision.
- The Shark is out there in some retail shops (equivalent to Walmart).
- You want a wired controller for the Xbox 360 with a view to use the FragFX Shark. The Shark itself is wi-fi, however the controller needs to be plugged into the unit regardless.
- The mouse is kind of large. No bigger than your common gaming mouse, however until you could have large man-hands then could have bother reaching a number of the buttons. Luckily you may arrange binds in a method that you simply will not want to make use of any keys that your stubby, little sausage fingers cannot attain.
- The included dongle is not going to plug into the again of the Xbox 360, as a result of the casing round it’s too thick. It’s a must to use a entrance port.
- The left and proper mouse buttons appear a bit tight.
- The $80 price ticket.
The FragFX Shark 360 not solely does what it claims and goals to do, it does it very effectively.
From the Splitfish web site:
The FRAGFX SHARK 360 is a major step ahead for the console gaming business as a result of it not solely supplies an virtually good PC mouselike FPS expertise for players on the XBOX 360, but in addition supplies a simple to undertake, excessive finish, absolutely programmable analog stick counterpart that make it doable for hardcore PC FPS followers to get pleasure from their favourite shooters on XBOX 360, MAC or PC.
The Splitfish FRAGFX SHARK 360 allows you to play FPS video games on a console the way in which the have been initially meant to be performed – PLUS MUCH MORE. With the FRAGFX SHARK 360 you may intuitively goal with a mouse and alter sensitivity on the fly in addition to use advance capabilities like button remapping, turbo, wrist flick melee and way more with ease.
The FRAGFX SHARK 360 is optimized for FPS shooters, but in addition has all of the capabilities of an everyday XBOX 360 controller – so it may be used for all video games. Players do not need to undergo advanced procedures for button mapping or sensitivity changes, The FRAGFX SHARK 360 is designed for easy and intuitive on the fly customization. Additionally, identical to it is brother, the FRAGFX SHARK, the FRAGFX SHARK 360 has an uber lengthy battery life of fifty hours of gameplay and 500 hours of standby on 2 AA batteries.
- Play with the mouse on the XBOX 360 as you’d do on a PC
- Plug and Play
- Full XBOX 360, PC and MAC help
- NEW 50h + play time
- NEW 500h + energy save standby
- 1 AA battery per unit (requires solely 2 AA batteries per set – batteries not included)
- Quick entry to particular options (eg macro, rapid-fire, button swap, stick swap, and many others.)
- Model new wi-fi 2.4 GHz know-how
- Simple in-controller setup (no extra firmware updates required)
- On the fly lifeless zone adjustment wheel
- SixAxis help