After going through the truth that I would like a sooner internet hosting supplier, I lastly determined to check out a few of Amazon’s internet hosting merchandise. Amazon has so many net companies that it may be somewhat formidable to get began with them, however I made a decision to offer it a go.
The very first thing that I regarded for was the power to host WordPress web sites. After a little analysis, I discovered that Amazon had simply launched a program for WordPress. Utilizing their new “LightSail” product, I found that it was really fairly straight ahead to configure and cargo up WordPress. There are a number of different standard CMS apps as properly, similar to Drupal and Joomla. In case you are enthusiastic about an e-Commerce resolution, Magento can also be supported.
Lightsail will not be for big deployments, nevertheless it’s fairly darn straightforward for smaller necessities. In a nutshell, you join, put in your area title, arrange WordPress, arrange your DNS zones, map the static ip handle that is assigned to you, and it launches.
If you go to launch one of many apps, Amazon refers to them as “cases”. You would choose the occasion that you’re enthusiastic about (WordPress, Drupal, and so on) and observe the step-by-step instructions.
1. The very first thing is to call your occasion. In case you do not title it, Lightsail will create a reputation for you. Amazon works in zones, and in my case, it is normally Virginia. You’ll be able to change the zone if you happen to like, however I’ve discovered it is higher simply to depart it on the default zone.
2. Additionally, you will decide your occasion plan, which is the month-to-month price that fits your necessities.
3. You can too run different numerous scrips and select both the default SSH key pair or change the important thing pair. As above, I at all times keep on with the default.
4. Then click on create. It takes a few minutes after which a web page comes up with a public ip handle and a username to connect with the occasion. You have to your personal key out of your Amazon account, so if you do not have one, you will have to create it.
5. Bitnami is used to connect with the brand new website. However after, you’ve got loaded WordPress, you login precisely the identical approach with each different internet hosting firm. Bitnami is fairly intuitive and would not take greater than 15 or 20 minutes to discover ways to navigate round.
There’s additionally some challenge guides and movies as properly to assist with the set up. Based on the WordPress challenge information there’s solely 5 steps, however in actuality, it is extra like 8 steps.
I loaded this up a number of weeks in the past, so I have not had time to completely construct it out, however I had no issues loading the theme. I am additionally utilizing an AWS plugin (free) that can copy any media information to Amazon S3 and serve from S3 Cloudfront. Hopefully, it will lower down on load occasions for my pages.
It takes some getting used to not having cpanel, however, all in all, I’d say, It is a particular “Sure” to at the least attempting Amazon’s Lightsail to host your WordPress websites.
Subsequent on the Amazon agenda? HTML websites.