Psalms 147:11 “The LORD taketh pleasure in them that concern him, in people who hope in his mercy.”
We frequently overlook that God has feelings, too. He feels issues very deeply. The Bible tells us that God grieves, will get jealous and offended, and feels compassion, pity, sorrow, and sympathy in addition to happiness, gladness, and satisfaction. God loves, delights, will get pleasure, rejoices, enjoys, and even laughs. And if he can chuckle he can cry. Something that brings pleasure to God is known as worship. – The Bible tells us to “worship him frequently”, “reward him from dawn to sundown”, Keep it up a dialog with him frequently.
The Bible says in Ephesians 5:10 “Proving what is suitable unto the Lord.” In different phrases, “Work out what’s going to please Christ, after which do it.” And would not you recognize the Bible provides us a transparent instance of the form of life that provides pleasure to God. The proper instance comes via the lifetime of a person named Noah.
In Noah’s day, your complete world had turn out to be morally bankrupt. Everybody lived for their very own pleasure, not God’s. God could not discover anybody on earth fascinated with pleasing him, so he was grieved. He regretted making man. God turned so disgusted with the human race that he thought of wiping it out. However there was one man who made God smile. The Bible says in Genesis 6:8 “However Noah discovered grace within the eyes of the LORD.” Noah was a pleasure to God.
God stated, “This man brings me pleasure. He makes me smile. I will begin over together with his household.” As a result of Noah introduced pleasure to God, you and I are alive immediately. From his life we study the 5 acts of worship that makes God smile.
1. GOD SMILES WHEN WE LOVE HIM SUPREMELY – Noah beloved God greater than anything on the earth, even when nobody else did! “Noah was a simply man and ideal in his generations, and Noah walked with God.”, Genesis 6:9. Noah persistently adopted God’s will and loved an in depth relationship with him. That is what God needs from us, a relationship.
Jesus referred to as it the best commandment. Matthew 22:37-38 “Jesus stated unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy coronary heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy thoughts. That is the primary and nice commandment.”
2. GOD SMILES WHEN WE TRUST HIM COMPLETELY — The second cause Noah happy God was that he trusted God, even when it did not make sense.
The Bible says in Hebrews 11:7 that “By religion, Noah constructed a ship in the midst of dry land. He was warned about one thing he could not see, and acted on what he was advised… In consequence, Noah turned intimate with God,”
There have been three issues that would have brought about Noah to doubt God.
Noah had by no means seen rain. — Noah lived a whole bunch of miles from the closest ocean. — There was an issue of rounding up all of the animals after which caring for them.
However Noah did not complain or make excuses. He trusted God fully, and that made God smile. – And he trusted him for 120 years.
Psalms 147:11 “The LORD taketh pleasure in them that concern (belief) him, in people who hope in his mercy.”
3. GOD SMILES WHEN WE OBEY HIM WHOLEHEARTEDLY – Saving the animal inhabitants from a Worldwide flood required nice consideration to logistics and particulars. Every little thing needed to be completed simply as God prescribed it. He gave very detailed directions as to dimension, form, and supplies of the ark in addition to the totally different numbers of animals to be introduced on board. The Bible tells us Noah’s response in Genesis 22. “Thus did Noah; in keeping with all that God commanded him, so did he.” He did the whole lot precisely as God commanded him. That’s wholeheartedness. It is no marvel God smiled at Noah. John 14:15 “If ye love me, hold my commandments.”
4. GOD SMILES WHEN WE PRAISE AND THANK HIM CONTINUALLY – Noah’s life introduced pleasure to God, as a result of he lived with a coronary heart of reward and thanksgiving. Noah’s first act after surviving the Flood was to precise his due to God by providing a sacrifice. Genesis 8:20 “And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of each clear beast, and of each clear fowl, and supplied burnt choices on the altar.”
Due to Jesus’ sacrifice, we do not supply animal sacrifices as Noah did. As an alternative we’re advised to supply God “the sacrifice of reward” in Hebrews 13:15 and “the sacrifice of thanksgiving” in Psalms116:17. We reward God for who he’s, and we thank God for what he has completed.
An incredible factor occurs once we supply reward and thanksgiving to God. After we give God enjoyment, our personal hearts are stuffed with pleasure!
5. GOD SMILES WHEN WE USE OUR ABILITIES – God enjoys watching each element of your life, whether or not you’re working, taking part in, resting, or consuming. He does not miss a single transfer you make. The Bible tells us in Psalms 37:23 “The steps of a superb man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his means.”
Ephesians 2:10 “For we’re his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath earlier than ordained that we should always stroll in them.”
God has a objective for each residing Christian. It’s to convey others to Christ. We frequently do not realize that among the finest presents that God has given us are the issues we like to do probably the most. We frequently consider these presents as one thing God has blessed us with, to convey us pleasure and pleasure to our lives. Whereas that is true, these presents had been additionally given to us to function a bridge to convey others into the church, and to Him. Bringing others to Christ does not need to be a battle. It may be so simple as sharing “What you like to do” with others.
We have now additionally been given presents via our trials. Everybody has, or will encounter a significant tragedy of their life. As Christians once we discover victory over these trials via religion in God, they too, turn out to be presents that can be utilized to consolation others and convey them to Christ. Nearly each church has had a member that has had an abortion, misplaced a beloved one, or recovered from medication or alcohol. And plenty of have used these victories as a bridge to succeed in the unchurched.
“What a beautiful God we now have – He’s the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the supply of each mercy, and the one who so splendidly comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trials. And why does He do that? In order that when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we are able to go on to them this similar assist and luxury God has given us” — 2 Corinthians 1:3,4.