So many legends within the ballroom! NBA icon Charles Oakley is without doubt one of the thrilling contestants of ‘DWTS’ season 29. HollywoodLife has rounded up 5 key issues to learn about him!
Charles Oakley, 56, might be hitting the ballroom for the primary time when Dancing With the Stars season 29 premieres Sept. 14 on ABC. Charles made a reputation for himself within the NBA, however now he’s acquired his sights set on the mirrorball trophy. He admitted to reporters, together with HollywoodLife, that DWTS is a “problem” however one he’s dealing with effectively. Because the season will get underway, right here’s what you want to learn about Charles.
1. Charles performed within the NBA from 1985 to 2004. Charles was drafted within the 1985 NBA Draft to the Cleveland Cavaliers, however he was traded to the Chicago Bulls. Over the course of his time with the Bulls, he was an awesome associate to Michael Jordan, whom he’s nonetheless associates with at the moment. Charles went on to play for the New York Knicks, Toronto Raptors, Washington Wizards, and Houston Rockets all through his practically 20-year NBA profession. He’s recognized for being probably the greatest rebounders within the NBA.
2. He’s now a basketball coach. He has been the coach of the Killer 3’s of the BIG3 since 2017. The Killer 3’s are a 3-on-Three basketball group co-founded by Ice Dice.
3. He’s fortunately married! Charles married Angela Reed in 2016. She is an entrepreneur in finance and tax.
4. He was arrested after an incident at Madison Sq. Backyard. Charles was concerned in an incident at MSG because the New York Knicks confronted off towards the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 8, 2017. He was ejected from the got here and arrested. He was charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault and legal trespassing. Charles was finally cleared of the fees. He was later banned from Madison Sq. Backyard for one 12 months. Charles filed a lawsuit towards New York Knicks proprietor James Dolan and Madison Sq. Backyard, but it surely was dismissed by a federal decide, in keeping with ESPN.
5. He’s devoted to serving to impoverished and underprivileged communities. Charles is the founding father of the Charles Oakley Basis. The inspiration’s principal mission is to “arrange fundraisers and community-building occasions that FOCUS on serving to impoverished and underprivileged communities.”